Who Benefits from Veritone Contact
OfficersVeritone Contact helps officers quickly and efficiently collect RIPA compliant stop data. Built in conjunction with the California DOJ and several city law enforcement agencies, Contact guides officers quickly through the required questions needed to collect observational data.
Command StaffCalifornia AB 953 requires each law enforcement agency to ensure no PII is delivered to the DOJ’s Stop Data Collection System (SDCS). Contact provides command staff with the ability to quickly batch review all officer observational remarks for possible PII inclusion prior to submission.
Veritone Contact was developed in close collaboration with the California State DOJ as well as key city law enforcement agencies to deliver an intelligent application which greatly reduces officer data collection time, minimizes review efforts, with flexibility for command staff to collect supplemental information for training and other constituent transparency initiatives.
Fast, Automated Stop Data Entry
Officers can quickly complete field interviews with easy, multi-select answer picklists. No manual, handwritten forms to complete.
- “Spell check-like” capability automatically reviews all answers for possible PII.
- Flexible data entry — officers can start and stop data entry at any time.
- Veritone Contact works with smartphones, tablets, MDTs, and laptops which can connect securely to the agency’s network using a standard web browser.
Painless Review Prior to DOJ Submission
Records management teams can batch review all officer reports.
- “Spell check-like” PII detection highlights possible areas for correction.
- Easy to understand visual dashboards provides command staff with a preview of all aggregated stop data information for analysis and potential corrective actions.
- Secure delivery of stop data to DOJ performed on any desired schedule.
- Optional: Command staff can add unlimited additional questions for other data collection initiatives within the agency. This data is never sent to DOJ.
Security and Compliance
All data transmission is secured using 256-bit encryption.
- User authentication through Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP or other service.
- Supports CJIS compliance obligations.
- Microsoft Azure GovCloud ready.
Veritone Contact Helps California Law Enforcement Agencies Meet RIPA Obligations
Under the California Racial and Identity Profiling Act, by 2022, over 500 law enforcement agencies within the state will be required to collect detailed perceived demographic information during traffic or pedestrian stops.
Once collected, each law enforcement agency is responsible for ensuring that no personally identifiable information (PII) is included in the data set. Next, this information must be securely transmitted to the California State Department of Justice.
The process of collection and review is already significantly impacting the time officers are available for patrol. Further, records management teams — already inundated with increased open records requests for redacted body-worn camera footage and other evidence requests — are now overwhelmed with PII review of this information too.
Veritone Contact Stop Data Report Creation in Two Minutes
Veritone Contact is an intelligent field interview application. It helps law enforcement personnel with the secure collection, review and delivery of state mandated perceived race and other demographic information. This data is used in support of legislation such as California’s AB 953 — better known as RIPA, or the Racial and Identity Profiling Act. In this video (less than two minutes) you will see the creation of a stop data report for a traffic stop with three contacts in the vehicle.Schedule a Demo
RIPA STOP DATA WORKFLOW SCENARIOS