(updated as of January 1, 2020)
Veritone is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with all applicable laws in collecting and processing personal information.
- What information we collect
- How we use your information
- How we share your information
- How we store and secure your information
- How you can opt out from receiving communications, or change or request deletion of your information
- Payment processing
- Rights of California residents
- Rights of EEA residents
- Other important privacy information
Our Services may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. Information collected by such third parties is governed by their privacy policies which we encourage you to review to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use the Services, and/or when other sources provide it to us. We collect Contact Information, User Account Information and User Activity Information, as such terms are defined below. The specific types of information included in each of these categories are described in more detail below.
- Information You Provide to Us. We collect information about you when you input it into the Services (such as completing a web form or using our chat function) or otherwise provide it directly to us. For example, we collect information when you submit a request for a demonstration or customer support or otherwise communicate with us, or when we establish an account for you. The types of information we may collect include your contact information or your billing contact information (such as your name, physical addresses or geographic location, email addresses and phone numbers), your employer or other company affiliation, your business title, and any other information you choose to provide (collectively, “Contact Information”). If we establish an account for you for use of paid and/or secured access portions of the Services, such as an account established in connection with a license to use Veritone’s aiWARE™ platform and/or other software platforms and applications (collectively, the “Platform”), we also collect your username and password for such account (collectively, “User Account Information”).
- Information We Collect From Other Sources. If you use the Services on behalf of a company or other organization (such as your employer), we may collect information about you from such company or organization in order to establish an account for you and/or provide support or other Services to you. We may obtain information about you from third-party partners that market and promote our Services, generate leads for us, resell our Services, or provide other services to us. We may also obtain information about you from other sources, including information from publicly and commercially available sources and other third parties, as permitted by law. The information we may collect from any of these other sources is generally Contact Information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information about you to provide the Services to you, to communicate with you in connection with your use of the Services and/or requests for information, to market and promote the Services, and to maintain and operate the Services, as follows:
- To Provide Services to You. We use your information, including Contact Information, User Account Information and User Activity Information, to provide Services to you, including to authenticate you when you log in to the Platform (or other Services with secured access), to configure features of the Services for you, and to operate the Services.
- To Communicate with You. We use your Contact Information and User Account Information to communicate with you, including in providing support through our telephone, email and chat support channels, and in responding to your requests for information, questions and comments related to Veritone’s business, products and/or services. We may also send you technical notices, updates, service notifications, security alerts, support, billing and administrative messages in connection with your use of the Services.
- To Inform You of Offerings. We use your Contact Information and User Activity Information to communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Veritone and to provide news and information that we think will be of interest to you, and to understand how you interact with or respond to such communications and advertisements. You may opt out from receiving these types of communications at any time, as discussed under the heading “Opt Out From Receiving Communications” below, and you may restrict the User Activity Information we may collect by changing the settings on your browser, as discussed under the heading “Disabling Cookies” below.
- To Maintain, Monitor and Secure the Services. We may use certain User Account Information and User Activity Information to monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services; to monitor, detect, investigate and/or prevent suspicious, fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity; and to secure the Services and communicate with you regarding any security incidents.
- For Legal and Compliance Purposes. We may use Contact Information, User Account Information and User Activity information as reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, and (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, or to exercise or defend any legal claims.
- Necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of certain Services, including, for example, cookies that enable you to log in to secure areas of the Services.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies remember choices you make and are used to recognize you when you log in to the Services. This enables us to personalize the Services for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Analytical cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use the Services. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around within the Services.
- Targeting or Advertising cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing activities in order to understand your interests for marketing purposes. We or third parties may place or recognize these cookies on your browser when you visit certain websites for the purpose of serving you with advertisements regarding our products and services that may be of interest to you. These cookies may also be used for frequency capping purposes (e.g., to ensure we do not display the same advertisement to you repeatedly) and to help us regulate the advertisements you receive and measure their effectiveness. We also use tracking technologies in our advertisements, email newsletters and/or other communications to collect information such as whether you clicked on an advertisement, opened our communication or clicked on any of the content contained therein.
Analytical, targeting and advertising cookies, and the User Activity Information generated from these cookies, are created, stored and/or managed by third-party service providers that provide us with web traffic analytics, sales engagement and marketing automation services, such as Google Analytics, Salesforce and SalesLoft.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information about you as discussed below. We do not sell your information to third parties.
- With Other Users. In connection with your use of certain features of the Services, such as sharing Collections, media or processing results generated by or through the Platform with others, we may share information about you (such as your name and email address) with such other persons, as directed by you through your use of such features.
- With Your Consent. We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so – for example, if you have agreed to be a reference for Veritone or have provided a testimonial regarding our Services.
- For Legal and Compliance Purposes. We may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing such information is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, or to exercise or defend any legal claims, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, and (d) protect Veritone, our customers, employees or other persons from harm or illegal activities. We may also share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of all or a portion of our business to another company, subject to confidentiality obligations.
HOW WE STORE AND SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
While we follow generally accepted standards to protect your information, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. You are solely responsible for protecting your password, limiting access to your devices and signing out of websites after your sessions.
HOW YOU CAN OPT OUT FROM RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS, CHANGE OR REQUEST DELETION OF YOUR INFORMATION
You may choose the types of communications you wish to receive from us, change your information or request that we delete certain information at any time, as follows:
- Opt Out From Receiving Communications. If you do not wish to receive communications from Veritone that do not relate directly to your use of the Services (such as newsletters, event notifications or other marketing communications), you may opt out from receiving such communications at any time. We provide a link in all of our electronic marketing communications to allow you to easily “unsubscribe” to these communications. You may also notify us that you do not wish to receive further communications by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, in connection with your use of certain Services, including the Platform, we will still need to send you certain notifications that relate directly to your use of the Services, such as technical notices, updates, service notifications, security alerts, billing and administrative messages, and will need to communicate with you to provide you with support.
- Change Your Information. You may change or update your information with us at any time. To change or update your information, please contact us at email@example.com, or contact your primary Veritone support representative. However, if your information has been provided to us by your employer or other company for which we have provisioned your account, updates to certain information on your account must be requested by such company.
- Delete Your Information. You may request that we delete your information at any time, subject to certain exceptions as discussed below. You may request to have your information deleted by contacting us online at veritone.com/privacyrequests or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with your request within a reasonable period of time; however, in certain circumstances, we may not be able or required to delete all of your information. For example, if we have provisioned a user account for you and you intend to continue to use portions of the Services requiring access through such account, we must retain certain information in order to maintain your account and your access to the Services. We may also retain certain information if required in connection with our performance of a contract (such as a license agreement between us and your employer), if required by law or relevant to a legal proceeding, or for other compliance or auditing purposes, as permitted by law.Please note that we may obtain information about you in the future, as discussed under the heading “Information We Collect From Other Sources,” and we may not be able to recognize it as your information due to complying with a previous deletion request from you. In this case, you will need to submit a new request if you wish to have your re-added information deleted.
RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- Right to Know Requests. If you are a California resident, you may request that we disclose information to you pursuant to your right to know, by contacting us online at veritone.com/privacyrequests, by email at email@example.com, or by telephone at (888) 507-1737 (select “0” for the operator and request to be transferred to the Legal Department). We will verify your request by asking you to provide at least two pieces of personal information (e.g., full name and email address) as reasonably necessary to properly identify you. Upon receipt of a verifiable request, we will respond to such request as required by, and subject to certain restrictions and exemptions under, the CCPA.
RIGHTS OF EEA RESIDENTS
OTHER IMPORTANT PRIVACY INFORMATION
Veritone Acting as a Data Processor
In connection with the use of certain Services by our customers or other parties, such as under license agreements pertaining to use of our Platform and related Services, our customers or other parties and their designated end users may upload, process, store and/or share data through the Services (or may provide data to us through other means for processing), the contents of which are generally not known to us but may contain personal data. In these circumstances, we are acting as a data processor. We process such data in accordance with the terms and conditions of our written agreements with, and any related instructions received from, such customers and other parties.
Use by Children
Our Services are not intended to be used by individuals under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Data Privacy
575 Anton Blvd., Suite 100
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
You may also submit any questions or concerns regarding data privacy to our Legal Department:
Attn: Legal Department
575 Anton Blvd., Suite 100
Costa Mesa, CA 92626