Last Updated: May 25, 2018
Veritone is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with all applicable laws in collecting and processing personal information.
- What information we collect
- How we use your information
- How we share your information
- How we store and secure your information
- How you can opt out from receiving communications, or change or request deletion of your information
- Other important privacy information
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use the Services, and/or when other sources provide it to us, as described in more detail below.
- Information You Provide to Us. We collect information about you when you input it into the Services (such as completing a web form or using our chat function) or otherwise provide it directly to us. For example, we collect information when you submit a request for a demonstration or customer support or otherwise communicate with us, or when we establish an account for you. The types of information we may collect include your contact information (such as your name, physical addresses or geographic location, email addresses and phone numbers), your employer or other company affiliation, your business title, and any other information you choose to provide. If we establish an account for you for use of paid and/or secured access portions of the Services, such as an account established in connection with a license to use the Veritone aiWARE™ Platform (the “Platform”), we also collect your username and password for such account.
- Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services. We collect information about you when you use our Services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Services. For example, we collect and log information about the features you use, your access times, pages viewed, browser type, IP address, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, URLs of referring/exit pages, and information about the computer, phone, tablet or other devices you use to access the Services, including hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers.
In connection with your use of the Platform and related Services, we log information related to your upload, processing, access and playback of media and the associated results generated by the Platform, frequently used search terms, creation of Collections and Watchlists, and other actions taken.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources. If you use the Services on behalf of a company or other organization (such as your employer), we may collect information about you from such company or organization in order to establish an account for you and/or provide support or other Services to you. We may obtain information about you from third-party partners that market and promote our Services, generate leads for us, resell our Services, or provide other services to us. We may also obtain information about you from other sources, including information from publicly and commercially available sources and other third parties, as permitted by law. The types of information we may collect from any of these other sources generally include your contact information (including your name, physical addresses or geographic location, email addresses and phone numbers), your employer or other company affiliation and your business title.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information about you to provide the Services to you, to communicate with you in connection with your use of the Services and/or requests for information, to market and promote the Services, and to maintain and operate the Services, as follows:
- To Provide Services to You. We use your information to provide Services to you, including to authenticate you when you log in to the Platform (or other Services with secured access), to configure features of the Services for you, and to operate the Services.
- To Communicate with You. We use your information to communicate with you, including in providing support through our telephone, email and chat support channels, and in responding to your requests for information, questions and comments related to Veritone’s business, products and/or services. We may also send you technical notices, updates, service notifications, security alerts, support, billing and administrative messages in connection with your use of the Services.
- To Inform You of Offerings. We use your information to communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Veritone and others, and provide news and information that we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out from receiving these types of communications at any time, as discussed under the heading “Opt Out From Receiving Communications” below.
- To Maintain, Monitor and Secure the Services. We may use certain information to monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services; to monitor, detect, investigate and/or prevent suspicious, fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity; and to secure the Services and communicate with you regarding any security incidents.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information about you as discussed below.
- With Other Users. In connection with your use of certain features of the Services, such as sharing Collections, media or processing results generated by or through the Platform with others, we may share information about you (such as your name and email address) with such other persons.
- With Your Consent. We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so – for example, if you have agreed to be a reference for Veritone or have provided a testimonial regarding our Services.
- For Legal and Compliance Purposes. We may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing such information is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, and (d) protect Veritone, our customers, employees or other persons from harm or illegal activities. We may also share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of all or a portion of our business to another company, subject to confidentiality obligations.
HOW WE STORE AND SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
HOW YOU CAN OPT OUT FROM RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS, OR CHANGE OR REQUEST DELETION OF YOUR INFORMATION
You may choose the types of communications you wish to receive from us, change your information or request that we delete certain information at any time, as follows:
- Opt Out From Receiving Communications. If you do not wish to receive communications from Veritone that do not relate directly to your use of the Services (such as newsletters, product updates, event notifications or other marketing communications), you may opt out from receiving such communications at any time. We provide a link in all of our electronic marketing communications to allow you to easily “unsubscribe” to these communications. You may also notify us that you do not wish to receive further communications by contacting us at [email protected]. Please note that, in connection with your use of certain Services, including the Platform, we will still need to send you certain notifications that relate directly to your use of the Services, such as technical notices, updates, service notifications, security alerts, billing and administrative messages, and will need to communicate with you to provide you with support.
- Change Your Information. You may change or update your information with us at any time. To change or update your information, please contact us at [email protected], or contact your primary Veritone support representative. However, if your information has been provided to us by your employer or other company for which we have provisioned your account, updates to certain information on your account must be requested by such company.
- Delete Your Information. You may request that we delete your information at any time, subject to certain exceptions as discussed below. You may request to have your information deleted by contacting us at [email protected]. We will comply with your request within a reasonable period of time; however, in certain circumstances, we may not be able or required to delete all of your information. For example, if we have provisioned a user account for you and you intend to continue to use portions of the Services requiring access through such account, we must retain certain information in order to maintain your account and your access to the Services. We may also retain certain information if required in connection with our performance of a contract (such as a license agreement between us and your employer), if required by law or relevant to a legal proceeding, or for other compliance or auditing purposes, as permitted by law.
Please note that we may obtain information about you in the future, as discussed under the heading “Information We Collect From Other Sources,” and we may not be able to recognize it as your information due to complying with a previous deletion request from you. In this case, you will need to submit a new request if you wish to have your re-added information deleted.
We use various technologies to collect information when you use the Services, including cookies and similar technologies such as web beacons and tracking pixels. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. We may use the following cookies:
- Necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of certain Services, including, for example, cookies that enable you to log in to secure areas of the Services.
- Analytical cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use the Services. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around within the Services. These cookies are sometimes placed by third-party providers of web traffic analytics services, such as Google Analytics.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies remember choices you make and are used to recognize you when you log in to the Services. This enables us to personalize the Services for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience using the Services may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
OTHER IMPORTANT PRIVACY INFORMATION
Other Rights of EEA Residents
Veritone Acting as a Data Processor
In connection with the use of certain Services by our customers or other parties, such as under license agreements pertaining to use of our Platform and related Services, our customers or other parties and their designated end users may upload, process, store and/or share data through the Services (or may provide data to us through other means for processing), the contents of which are generally not known to us but may contain personal data. In these circumstances, we are acting as a data processor. We process such data in accordance with the terms and conditions of our written agreements with, and any related instructions received from, such customers and other parties
USE BY CHILDREN
Our Services are not intended to be used by individuals under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
Attn: Data Privacy
575 Anton Blvd., Suite 100
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
You may also submit any questions or concerns regarding data privacy to our Legal Department:
Attn: Legal Department
575 Anton Blvd., Suite 100
Costa Mesa, CA 92626