(Last Updated: July 2023)
Veritone is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with all applicable laws in collecting and processing personal information. Broadbean Technology Limited, Broadbean Technology Pty Ltd., Veritone France S.A.R.L and Broadbean Inc. (collectively, the “Broadbean Subsidiaries”) are now members of the Veritone group of companies located in the United States and around the world.
All personal information is processed by or behalf of the data controller:
5291 California Avenue
Irvine, CA 92617
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect one or more of the following categories of information about you when you visit our Sites, contact us, register for or use our Services, or receive information about you from our business partners and affiliates as a data processor of that information. The specific types of information included in each of these categories are described in more detail below.
|Category of Personal Information Collected||Personal Information Collected||Sources of Personal Information||Business Purpose for Collection of Personal Information|
|Identifiers||Name (first and last), alias, postal address, telephone number, business/employment contact information, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name/username and password.||Directly from you when you register for our Services, use our chat functions, or otherwise provide us your contact information; cookies and other tracking technologies; publicly and commercially available sources; our business partners, including any recruiting websites or companies that use our Services.||Provide our Services, identification, communications, security, legal, compliance and regulatory obligations, marketing purposes.|
|Sensitive Personal Information||Biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying you.||Directly from you when you procure the relevant service from us and provide voice recordings.||Provide our Services|
|Commercial information||Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Directly from you when you register for or purchase our Services.||Identification, communications, security, legal, compliance and regulatory obligations, marketing purposes.|
|Biometric information||Please see Sensitive Personal Information.||Please see Sensitive Personal Information.||Please see Sensitive Personal Information.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Site features you use, your access times, pages viewed, browser type, IP address, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, URLs of referring/exit pages, and information about the computer, phone, tablet or other devices you use to access the Services, including hardware model and operating system and version.||Cookies and other tracking technologies.||Improve and enhance our Services, security, legal, compliance and regulatory obligations.|
|Geolocation data||IP address||Cookies and other tracking technologies.||Provide, improve and enhance our Services, security, legal, compliance and regulatory obligations.|
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||Audio, electronic, visual, sensory data||Directly from you when you use our Services, our business partners.||Provide, improve and enhance our Services, security, legal, compliance and regulatory obligations.|
|Professional or work-related information||Employer or other company affiliation, your business title.||Directly from you when you use our Services, our business partner, including any recruiting websites or companies that use our Services.||Provide, improve and enhance our Services, security, legal, compliance and regulatory obligations.|
|Education information that is not publicly available||Education history||Directly from you when you use our Services, our business partners, including any recruiting websites or companies that use our Services.||Provide, improve and enhance our Services, security, legal, compliance and regulatory obligations.|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes||Directly from you when you use our Services, our business partners, including any recruiting websites or companies that use our Services.||Provide, improve and enhance our Services, security, legal, compliance and regulatory obligations.|
We may also collect personal information from our business partners where we act as a data processor. This may include any instances where we are processing your information as a processor via our Broadbean Subsidiaries. Where we act as a data processor, we process your personal information as directed by our business partners and pursuant to a contract. If you have questions about any business partner who may share your personal information with us, please contact that organization directly.
Legitimate Interests/Consent: To the extent we rely on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing of your personal information, we have considered the balance between our own interests (among other things, the lawful and efficient operation of our Services) and your interests and we believe that (a) you would reasonably expect us to carry out the kind of processing referenced above and (b) such processing will not cause you any harm and/or will not seriously impact your rights and freedoms with regard to data privacy. You have the right to withdraw any consent given to us for the processing of your personal information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information about you to provide the Services to you, to communicate with you in connection with your use of the Services and/or requests for information, to market and promote the Services, and to maintain and operate the Services, as follows:
- To Provide Services to You. We use your personal information, to provide Services to you, including to authenticate you when you log in to any of our online Services (or other Services with secured access), to configure features of the Services for you, and to operate the Services.
- To Communicate with You. We use your personal information to communicate with you, including in providing support through our telephone, email and chat support channels, and in responding to your requests for information, questions and comments related to Veritone’s business, products and/or services. We may also send you technical notices, updates, service notifications, security alerts, support, billing and administrative messages in connection with your use of the Services.
- To Inform You of Offerings. We use your personal information to communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Veritone and to provide news and information that we think will be of interest to you, and to understand how you interact with or respond to such communications and advertisements. You may opt out from receiving these types of communications at any time.
- To Maintain, Monitor and Secure the Services. We may use certain personal information to monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services; to monitor, detect, investigate and/or prevent suspicious, fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity; and to secure the Services and communicate with you regarding any security incidents.
- For Legal and Compliance Purposes. We may use your personal information as reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, and (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, or to exercise or defend any legal claims.
- Necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of certain Services, including, for example, cookies that enable you to log in to secure areas of the Services.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies remember choices you make and are used to recognize you when you log in to the Services. This enables us to personalize the Services for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Analytical cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use the Services. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around within the Services.
- Targeting or Advertising cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing activities in order to understand your interests for marketing purposes. We or third parties may place or recognize these cookies on your browser when you visit certain websites for the purpose of serving you with advertisements regarding our products and services that may be of interest to you. These cookies may also be used for frequency capping purposes (e.g., to ensure we do not display the same advertisement to you repeatedly) and to help us regulate the advertisements you receive and measure their effectiveness. We also use tracking technologies in our advertisements, email newsletters and/or other communications to collect information such as whether you clicked on an advertisement, opened our communication or clicked on any of the content contained therein.
Analytical, targeting and advertising cookies, and the user activity information generated from these cookies, are created, stored and/or managed by third-party service providers that provide us with web traffic analytics, sales engagement and marketing automation services, such as Google Analytics, Salesforce and SalesLoft.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
In order for us to provide our Services, we may share your personal information as discussed below. However, we do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- With Other Users.In connection with your use of certain features of the Services, such as sharing collections, media or processing results generated by or through our Services with others, we may share information about you (such as your name and email address) with such other persons, as directed by you through your use of such features
- With Your Consent. We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so – for example, if you have agreed to be a reference for Veritone or have provided a testimonial regarding our Services or where you have consented in writing to the sharing of your voice recordings or custom voice models with third parties.
- For Legal and Compliance Purposes. We may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing such information is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, or to exercise or defend any legal claims, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, and (d) protect Veritone, our customers, employees or other persons from harm or illegal activities.
- Business Transfers. We may share your information, including any voice recordings or custom voice models, in the event of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which a third-party assumes control of all or part of Veritone.
HOW WE STORE AND SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
We may transfer your personal information to a third party that is located in a jurisdiction other than the one from which we collected your personal information, including to countries that have not been deemed to have an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects. If we do transfer your personal information to another jurisdiction, we will do so following due diligence and provided that the data recipient is subject to contractual agreements imposing obligations on it to ensure appropriate technical and organization measures are implemented and maintained at all times to prevent the unauthorized and unlawful processing of personal information, and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information, consistent with our obligations under applicable data protection laws.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirements. If we collect any biometric information about you, including any voice recordings or custom voice models, we will not store that information for longer than three (3) years and we will destroy all copies of such biometric information, including voice recordings and custom voice models within three (3) years from the date of collection or recording unless we receive consent from you to retain such information longer. We will not retain biometric information longer than as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
YOUR CHOICES & RIGHTS
Depending upon where you are located, certain choices and rights may be available to you under applicable data protection laws, including the right to request access to your personal information or to have your personal information deleted. If you have questions about what rights may apply to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Track: Our websites and apps are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
“Shine the Light” and “Eraser” Laws: Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain information during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)/California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA): The CCPA, as amended by the CPRA, provides California residents and/or their authorized agents with specific rights regarding the collection and storage of their personal information.
Your Right to Know: California residents have the right to request that we disclose the following information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. We may ask you to provide certain information to identify yourself so that we may compare it with our records in order to verify your request. Upon verification, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we have collected about you.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties to whom we have sold or shared your personal information, if any, and the categories of personal information that we have shared with each third-party recipient.
Your Right to Opt-Out of Sale or Sharing of Personal Information: California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information by submitting a request as directed on the homepage of our website or by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Please note that we do not knowingly sell the personal information of any individuals under the age of 16.
Where we are sharing your personal information with third parties for the purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising or profiling, you may opt-out of such sharing at any time by submitting a request as directed on the homepage of our website or by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Your Right to Limit Use of Sensitive Personal Information: California residents have the right to request that we limit our use of any sensitive personal information to those uses which are necessary to perform the Services or for other specifically-enumerated business purposes under the CCPA, as amended by the CPRA.
Your Right to Delete: California residents have the right to request that we delete any of the personal information collected from you and retained by us, subject to certain exceptions. We may ask you to provide certain information to identify yourself so that we may compare it with our records in order to verify your request. Once your request is verified and we have determined that we are required to delete the requested personal information in accordance with the CCPA, we will delete, and direct our third-party service provides to delete, your personal information from their records. Your request to delete personal information that we have collected may be denied if we conclude it is necessary for us to retain such personal information under one or more of the exceptions listed in the CCPA.
Your Right to Correct: Under the CCPA, as amended by the CPRA, California residents have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information we maintain about you, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes for which we are processing such personal information. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct such inaccurate personal information about you.
Non-Discrimination: You will not receive any discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
Verifying Your Request: Only you, or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. In the case of access and deletion, your request must be verifiable before we can fulfill such request. Verifying your request will require you to provide sufficient information for us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information or a person authorized to act on your behalf. We will only use the personal information that you have provided in a verifiable request in order to verify your request. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority. Please note that we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on a request if such request is excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded.
For Individuals Located in the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK) or Switzerland:
You have a number of rights under applicable data protection laws in relation to your personal information. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Have access to your personal information by submitting a request to us;
- Have your personal information deleted;
- Have your personal information corrected if it is wrong;
- Have the processing of your personal information restricted;
- Object to further processing of your personal information, including to object to marketing from us;
- Make a data portability request;
- Withdraw any consent you have provided to us;
- Restrict any automatic processing of your personal information; and
- Complain to the appropriate Supervisory Authority.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as outlined in the “Contact Us” section below.
We may provide links to other websites or resources provided by third parties. These links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the content of those websites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access of the third-party links on the Sites, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of those websites.
Privacy Contact Form: https://www.veritone.com/privacy-form
Attn: Data Privacy
5291 California Avenue
Irvine, CA 92617
Broadbean Technology Limited
Attn: General Manager
South Quay Plaza3
77 Marsh Wall, London E14
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom (UK) or Switzerland and believe we have not adequately resolved any issues, you may contact the Supervisory Authority concerned.