Supplemental Terms for Redact, Contact, Illuminate
Last Updated August 29, 2023
The following terms apply to the respective Veritone Products as set forth below:
REDACT. If your License Agreement includes the REDACT Application, you accept the REDACT TERMS & CONDITIONS below.
CONTACT. If your License Agreement includes the CONTACT Application, you accept the CONTACT TERMS & CONDITIONS below.
ILLUMINATE. If your License Agreement includes the ILLUMINATE Application, you accept the ILLUMINATE TERMS & CONDITIONS below.
REDACT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Redact Application and Cognitive Processing. During the Term, Veritone will provide Licensee with access to the Redact Application and the cognitive processing specified in the Agreement or order form. Cognitive processing will be via an automated process within the Platform. Licensee will be responsible for uploading media in a format reasonably required by Veritone in order to ingest and process the media through the Redact Application. Licensee represents and warrants that it has the right to furnish to Veritone and to use such media in connection with Licensee’s use of the Platform and Services.
- Limitations. Licensee acknowledges that the Redact Application is intended to be used by Licensee only as a tool to support review and redaction of audio files and/or video footage, and the Redact Application and the results generated therefrom should not be considered or relied upon as a substitute for Licensee’s customary review and redaction procedures. Licensee acknowledges that there are inherent limitations in artificial intelligence technologies, and Veritone makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, quality, sufficiency or usefulness of the results generated by the Redact Application. Licensee is solely responsible for verifying all results generated by the Redact Application as part of its customary review and redaction procedures.
- Payment Terms. The License Fee will be invoiced upon execution of this Agreement and will be due and payable upon receipt of the invoice. Veritone will submit invoices on a monthly basis for the Additional Processing Fees Incurred during the previous month (if any), and such invoices will be due and payable by the first day of the month following the invoice date. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the total Additional Processing Fees incurred during a calendar month are less than $50.00, Veritone may, in its sole discretion, delay invoicing of such Additional Processing Fees until the total Additional Processing Fees incurred but not yet invoiced exceed $50.00. All amounts are payable in U.S. dollars.
CONTACT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Contact Application. During the Term, Veritone grants to Licensee a right and license to access and use the Contact Application, subject to the terms of this Agreement. Licensee acknowledges that the Contact Application is intended to be used by Licensee only as a tool to support Licensee’s compliance efforts related to the collection and submission of data under the California Racial and Identity Profiling Act (“RIPA”). Licensee is solely responsible for its compliance with RIPA, including validating that the data collected, generated and/or submitted by Licensee utilizing the Contact Application meets RIPA requirements, and managing data retention and deletion in accordance with RIPA requirements. Veritone makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or sufficiency of data collected and/or generated by Licensee utilizing the Contact Application or as to compliance with RIPA requirements.
- DOJ Submissions. Licensee will be permitted to integrate the Contact Application with Licensee’s systems for the purposes of submission of data to the State of California Department of Justice (“DOJ”). Licensee will be responsible for the configuration and maintenance of all interfaces required to integrate the Contact Application with Licensee’s systems, in accordance with the requirements, instructions and/or guidelines communicated by Veritone in writing from time to time. Licensee agrees to provide information regarding Licensee’s systems as reasonably required by Veritone to assist Licensee in connection with the integration. Veritone will not be responsible for any delay or failure in the submission of data to the DOJ caused by Licensee’s failure to configure and/or maintain the required integration. Veritone and Licensee will agree in writing to the exact date on which the automated submission of data to the DOJ through the integration will be activated.
- Users. The number of users specified in the Agreement reflects the number of sworn officers designated by Licensee to access and use the Contact Application (each, a “User”). Licensee shall also be permitted to designate additional non-sworn officer personnel (i) as “administrators,” as reasonably necessary to administer Licensee’s use of the Contact Application (each, an “Administrator”), and (ii) as “reviewers,” as reasonably necessary to perform the reviewer function within the Contact Application (each, a “Reviewer”). If at any time during the Term, Licensee adds Users in excess of the number specified in the table above, Licensee will notify Veritone in writing, and Licensee will be charged additional license fees at the per-User rate specified above, prorated for the period of time commencing on the date each additional User is provided access to the Contact Application and continuing through the remainder of the Term. Upon request by Veritone, Licensee shall periodically provide reports to Veritone of the numbers of Users, Administrators and Reviewers who have access to the Contact Application. Veritone shall have the right, upon at least 15 days prior written notice to Licensee and at reasonable times, to examine Licensee’s records for the purpose of verifying the foregoing.
- Payment Terms. The total license fees for the initial number of Users specified in the Agreement for the Term will be invoiced upon execution of this Agreement and will be due and payable upon receipt of invoice. If Users are added by Licensee during the Term, Veritone will invoice Licensee for the additional license fees for such Users, calculated as set forth in the Agreement, and any such invoices will be due and payable upon receipt of invoice. All amounts are stated and payable in U.S. dollars.
- Data Deletion. Upon expiration of the Term, Veritone will provide Licensee with continued access to the Contact Application for a period of up to thirty (30) days to allow Licensee to export all Licensee Content from the Contact Application for Licensee’s data retention purposes. Licensee Content will be exported in the format generally made available by Veritone, unless a different format is expressly agreed by the parties in writing, which Licensee acknowledges may be subject to additional fees. Upon Veritone’s request, Licensee will provide Veritone with written confirmation that Licensee has exported all Licensee Content. Licensee expressly acknowledges and agrees that Veritone may permanently delete any and all Licensee Content upon expiration of such thirty (30) day period.
ILLUMINATE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Project Licenses. During the Term, Veritone will provide Licensee with access to the Services, as specified in the Agreement, on a project-by-project basis for each Licensee matter (each, a “Project”). For each Project, Licensee shall submit a Project License Request for review and acceptance by Veritone. Each Project License Request will contain at least the following information: (a) the term of the Project (“Project Term”), (b) Matter Name, (c) estimated volume of Content, and (d) such other information as may be reasonably requested by Veritone. The exact content and format of Project License Requests will be communicated by Veritone from time to time. Upon Veritone’s acceptance of a Project License Request, Veritone will provision access to the Services for the Project. Each Project Term will be a minimum of one (1) month and may be extended on a month-to-month basis by providing written notice to Veritone (email is sufficient) at least five (5) days prior to the end of each monthly term.
- Ingestion and Processing of Content. Veritone will provision each Project org to enable Licensee to initiate cognitive processing of Licensee Content, as specified in the table above. Licensee will be responsible for uploading Licensee Content in the supported formats in order to ingest and process the Licensee Content through the Services. Cognitive processing will be conducted via an automated process within the Platform. Processing fees are calculated based on the processing of the applicable unit (i.e., media hour or document) by a single cognitive engine within the respective cognitive category (by way of example, if the same one-hour media file is processed through two machine transcription engines, fees will be charged for two hours of processing). Licensee represents and warrants that it has the right to furnish to Veritone and to use such Licensee Content in connection with Licensee’s use of the Platform and Services.
- Payment Terms. For each Project, the total license fee due for the Project Term will be invoiced upon Veritone’s acceptance of a Project License Request and will be due and payable upon receipt of invoice. Thereafter, Veritone will submit an invoice on a monthly basis for, as applicable: (a) the license fee (including any additional user fees) due for the next month of the extended Project Term, and (b) the fees for all variable Services (including cognitive processing and/or additional storage fees) incurred during the previous month, and such invoices will be due and payable by the first day of the month following the invoice date. All amounts are stated and payable in U.S. dollars.