Exploring the Intersection of Technology, Transparency, and Trust: A Conversation with a Law Enforcement Leader
We know technological advancements can be terrifying, especially when it comes to law enforcement. Joining us on Adventures in AI is law enforcement leader and retired Chief Joel Shults to discuss technology in law enforcement and the importance of transparency and trust through communication with the public.
Tuning in, you’ll hear all about the focus of law enforcement as it currently stands, how they plan on handling issues they are facing, Chief Shults’s definition of transparency and accountability, why the public needs to be educated and communicated with so relations with law enforcement can improve, and how police departments can work toward better relationships with the people. Chief Shults also shares his opinion about racism in the police force before delving into how dangerous the media can be for law enforcement.
We also discuss how technology aids law enforcement, how to keep the human element of policing around even with the advancing technology, and how we can help people trust in technology. This is an intriguing discussion that is not to be missed!
Please note that Veritone disclaims any responsibility for any statement of Chief Shults or other participants in the podcast. The views expressed in this podcast are those of the interviewee and do not necessarily reflect the views of Veritone or its directors, officers, or employees.
Key Points From This Episode:
- The state of law enforcement and what is top priority for them now
- How law enforcement plans on addressing issues they’re experiencing
- Why transparency and accountability is relevant and what it looks like
- The statistic associated with racism in policing
- How police departments can improve public relations in their jurisdiction
- How technology is helpful for law enforcement and what it does
- Why we must keep the human component of policing with technological advances
- How the media can be problematic for law enforcement
Don’t forget to subscribe, rate, review, and share the Adventures in AI Podcast. Be sure to catch up on previous episodes, too!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Follow Veritone on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Retired Police Chief