Campaigns rely heavily on polls to determine trends and predict election outcomes. However, until now, they could only use a small fraction of the information available to them because most of it has been buried in unstructured data sources. Today, Veritone Inc. announced the launch of Veritone Politics, a cloud-based platform that helps campaigns win elections by providing new sources of content that help raise funds, inform the campaign narrative, track competitors and issues and make it easy to share relevant information with constituents. Learn more by visiting veritonepolitics.com.
As the 2008 presidential elections showed, social media and digital technologies are becoming a major component of successful campaigns. Veritone Politics empowers campaigns by providing access and deep insight into previously untapped sources of audio and video to uncover critical information that can be acted upon, in real-time.
- Cognitive Media Platform™ (CMP) delivers political insight –Veritone Politics leverages the Veritone CMP to provide real-time insight into audio and video content from campaign activities, whether on radio, broadcast, YouTube, podcast or private media such as speeches and tracker videos. Through natural language processing, the CMP transforms untapped media sources via a set of cognitive engines that work with one another to:
- transcode and transcribe content so it can now be accessed via search tools.
- gauge sentiment or how voters and/or press are responding to candidates.
- translate content to reach non-English constituents.
- identify media associated with a candidate or other influencer through facial recognition.
- Personalizing fundraising – A 2012 eNonprofit Benchmark Study revealed that 35 percent of online donations come from email. With Veritone Politics, campaigns are now able to access rich media content immediately, allowing them to better tailor and enhance email messages that target distinct donor groups, increase voter engagement and candidate familiarity and communicate with donors about significant campaign events.
- Intelligent research and voter outreach – Voter outreach and field teams are able to construct and drive a campaign’s narrative using competitive research and other intelligence. With the ability to search rich media by keyword and receive real-time notifications on what’s being said about a candidate or competitor, teams gain real-time intelligence to prep a candidate on local sentiment and issues while on the campaign trail and gain insights into competitor messaging for targeted speech writing.
Raj Shah, research and deputy communications director, Republican National Committee, said:
“It is vital to incorporate the latest technology into overall campaign strategies. In fact, we believe that utilizing the power and intelligence of cognitive computing platforms, such as Veritone Politics, will provide us with the deep insight and real-time intelligence we need to access content seamlessly in real-time, connect with our audience and win elections.”
Kristy McKnight, general manager, Veritone Politics, said:
“As we’ve seen with two recent gubernatorial elections, no seat is safe today. Timely, comprehensive information is critical in the effort to capture the hearts and minds of voters. It’s a game-changer in a field where sentiment can turn on a dime and campaigns can be won or lost in sound bytes.”
Veritone developed the world’s first Cognitive Media Platform™ (CMP). The company is transforming the passive cloud into an active intelligence ecosystem for developers, businesses and content owners to collaborate and effectively leverage the insights revealed in audio and video streams. Visit us veritone.com